Re: [MV] Chinese High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle

From: Nathan Wilkens (nathan.wilkens@asu.edu)
Date: Sun Jan 26 2003 - 15:28:30 PST

A couple of years ago, I heard a story that the chinese military industrial
complex was getting ready to mass produce a no frills, hard core SUV
specifically for import into the US market. The story was that the chinese
had developed quite a taste for American beef, and the only way to get it
was to buy it with hard American currency. Since the chinese have lots of
coal and iron ore, but little hard American currency, they were going to
selling us SUVs. To lure American automotive customers to buy chinese
products (other than fake dog poo), they were going to sell them at very low
prices (and low frills), something like $10-15k per vehicle - a deal that we
American's were going to make with the chinese devil (and love it)... or so
the story went...

Has anyone else heard this story? The vehicle was supposed to be
'humvee-like', so that's what made me think of it.

Interesting....
Nathan Wilkens,
86 M1009