Re: [MV] Installing New Block Heater In CUCV

From: Jeff Gatton (jdgatton@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jan 27 2003 - 14:29:24 PST

It doesn't take much to snap off the bolt. I snapped
one off once on a different type of vehicle. It is a
lot of fun trying to fish the broken piece out of the
block.

You do want to snug it up though, because it can blow
out when the system gets up to pressure. Try grabbing
the end of the bolt with a pair of pliers or vise
grips and see if you can pull it out, or if there is
any play. If it doesn't come out, you didn't break
it. If you can wiggle it or the whole thing comes
out, try snugging it up, but not too tight, like the
directions say.

Jeff Gatton

Subject: [MV] Installing New Block Heater In CUCV
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 14:48:03 -0500

Hi all!
The directions that came with the new heater has
warnings about over
tightening the screw. After inserting new one in
block I began to
screw it
down. I got a little resistance, then it got easy to
screw again. I
stopped because of warnings about screwing it too far
and stripping it.
Should the new heater snug down?

                "Stu"
 Southern New Hampshire, USA