[MV] FS M928

From: RKubu@aol.com
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 06:41:04 PST

List,
I have decided to sell my M928 5 ton longbed (20 foot) cargo truck. Here are the details:

*dropside cargo bed (no troop seats)
*20,000 pound hydraulic winch
*3 color camo paint
*heater
*new 3 color camo vinyl top with the correct M939 series cab top assembly
*runs and drives well...and the transmission shifts correctly. I drove it over 60 miles home and drive it regularly.
*NO rust...undercoated
*ex-USMC truck with Detroit lockers in the rears (this really increases traction).
*six 80% or better Goodyear super single (1400 X 20) tires will come with the truck...no spare tire (these tires cost me $300 apiece with the correct super single rims)
*brand new seat covers
*new windshields
*the air builds up, and the brakes work fine, but there must be an airleak somewhere because the air will leak down if you keep your foot on the brakes (for a while...not from ordinary braking)
*the truck is missing the idiot lights and lenses on the dash, although these will come with the truck
*a couple of the dash gauges don't work, but, again, they will come with the truck
*no horn button, although the wiring is right there (and the horn works)...only the button needs to be installed and it will come with the truck
*the engine oil pan gasket needs to be replaced
*the truck is titled as a 1979, although I believe the truck is a 1981. The truck came to me titled this way. In actuality, this change is a plus since it will mean that the truck can be tagged historic next January.
*the truck is located in MD...$13,000...firm. I have quite a bit more money in the truck. I traded a freshly painted, low mileage (new top, new windshields, good tires, etc.) M52A1 that I bought for $8500 and an immaculate, low mileage M1008 (new driver's door, new bed, new tailgate, new hood, new dash, new seats, fresh CARC paint, new tires, new brakes, spray-in bedliner) that I had over $8500 in. Plattsburgh Diesel is trying to get $27K for an M927 (same truck, but without the winch)!

This is a very impressive vehicle. I had planned to build troop seats and install the correct 3-color camo vinyl cargo cover. I honestly do not want to sell it, but I have to make some room. I have two pics of the truck as it looked when I got it from a reputable dealer. At the time that the pics were taken, the cab top and windshields had not yet been installed. If you are interested, please let me know.

Bruce