M-1009 fuel pump

From: Sando (asando@prtc.net)
Date: Thu Jan 23 2003 - 14:56:53 PST

    List; I'm replacing the mechanical fuel pump with an electric one,
think that will address the problem I have when starting the CUCV whenever I
park it for more than 5 or more hours, the glow plug system is working
fine, I even bypassed the glow plug controller(timer) to control manually
the plugs on-time! but it seems the fuel drains back?? so i have to strain
the starter for a while for it to start! I've checked the fuel return lines,
the filter and every thing I could imagine, haven't tested the mechanical
fuel output though, (should've tested it before asking for help I think).
Any ideas as to what kind of electric fuel pump to use and where to install
it? Is it going to solve my problem? What do you think guys???

                                               Sando

PS. After the vehicle is started it runs like a charm!!!!