M1008 CUCV missing at start up

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 29 2003 - 20:19:56 PST

Hi List,
    I just started having a problem with my truck missing right after I
start it up.
It appears to go away after it warms up, at least noticably missing. I
am still trying to educate my hearing to all the sounds comming from the
engine.

    I was thinking it might have been dirty fuel, since this started
happening after I refueled at a different station than I usually go to,
but this station was used by a lot of truckers, so
it is not conclusive.

    My first guess is that it is a glow plug failure. Any ideas on what
to check, and how?

Thanks for any help!
Bruce MVPA 23824