Re: [MV] Siphon vs HVLP painting

From: archie (jeep@mountain.net)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 09:32:29 PST

Bob,
         I have been doing research as well and what i understand is the
SATA NR95 Gravity feed Gun Running at about 50 psi. The Manufactures
recommend a lower pressure but It likes about 50 psi. all of your other
equipment stays the same. I also have a friend that swears by a Turbine
unit from TIP tools, but he also puts on primer with a siphon feed gun so
go figure. I have a Devilbiss JGA siphon feed gun with a normal and a 2
quart pressure cup and needles and aircaps for the 2 cups (they are
different) I have just enough experience at this to be dangerous. The next
project I will be spraying Dupont Croma one Single stage enamel. I hope It
turns out well... Everyone I know that paints for a living uses a $400
conversion spray gun Binks or sharpe.. so i guess my answer is all over the
board. I have about 400 in my spray guns and about another 150 in filters
and regulators. I am using the normal filter regulator and a LE Man
secondary filter I put in line when I am spraying it is a 2 stage unit.

Gotta run
Happy Hunting
archie =) =) =)