Re: [MV] Loose lips

From: Cliff Smith (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 22:47:29 PST

Ive added this to all the lists in hope that the "rumors" will stop here.

Just my .02 for what its worth.  As an Active Duty Staff Sergeant (0369) in the Marine Corps today I too often see what is being bled out to the media in a fashion that would make my father and grandfathers roll over where they are.  Let us remember Somalia (I was there) when the super secret Seals came on the beach head and were met with 300Watt camera lights (in the middle of the night, duh!) and started to gather a crowd as he "crept" along with his mission.  He should of shot everyone there!  Let us Remember the Gulf War (I was there too) when the reporters were amongst us in the "field" and we were specifically told to say NADA!  But the reporters kept you all here abreast of were I was, My wife liked it, but ole SADDAM was even more enthused.  I am all about free speech, too a point.  To the point of my knife, my arty shells and my 9mm!  Yes free speech (you can write about it) AFTER WE ARE DONE, this time!  Im sure that the Jane Fondas out there (for all you Vietnam Guys) were the same as they are today and have been for all our Operations.  Sure CNN, FOX and all the other stations can see what is LEAVING, but lets not let them in on the secret of Where.  Yeah we all know, but as said before in the other posts, there are lurkers and such that thrive, and live, and send this info back to their bosses, which are the ones that we are going to get tomorrow.   Please Keep the info to yourselves and feel good about what this country is doing, for our good, for the worlds good, and for our childrens good.

God bless and good night

SSgt Cliff Smith

'70 Tan USMC M151A2