Re: [MV] Columbia. No negligence there. (LONG)

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Feb 03 2003 - 16:42:09 PST

    That is close, Dave...we are all ants in a bee hive. And the bees don't
want us to think about what the bees are up to.

    Each of us have to take an active part in the process of the choice of
electing the officials who represent us. Of taking the time in understanding
what is behind the candidates we elect. Calling and writing the ones we are
stuck with and telling them how YOU view the issues that they are voting on,
how YOU want them to vote.
    Do I think it will make a difference?
    Nope, because the electorate continues to vote for Clintons and Kennedys
and the like. They think 'As long as things are going fine, and they are
doing their jobs ( read not bothering my interests) they'll get my vote'.
    But it couldn't hurt...

    The Constitution starts " We the People of the United States, in Order
to form a more perfect Union, ". It does not start with " Since I don't want
to have to think about everything, I hereby give that power to you. Please
be gentle..."