Re: [MV] Columbia and escape modules... and SR71 stats thefastest conventional flight MV

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@bit-net.com)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 03:32:36 PST

         Fred,

         Yes it is possible. Conditions have to be right but when
everything is going your way you will hear yourself coming back to you. I
experienced the phenomenon last year visiting a fellow Hams shack, shocks
you when you hear it the first time.

         The F-86 Pilots in Korea had to learn what not to do in combat
after several F-86's were shot down by flying into their own stream of 50
Caliber slugs. It never happened to jet pilots until the F-86 which was
capable of breaking the sound barrier in a powered dive.

James Shanks
MVPA 23128
1998 IMZ 8.103 Russian OD paint job right from the Factory. (Built in the
original plant in Irbit, Siberia, Russia. Comes complete with sidecar. Sold
in US as The
Ural Tourist.
www.ural.com
1984 HD FLHT-C