[M422] Looking for specific M422

From: Joe Scheaffer (jsinvent@charter.net)
Date: Tue Feb 04 2003 - 11:52:14 PST

Hello,
This was posted on the Mighty Mite mailing list
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/m422) today.
Maybe someone can help him....
Thanks,
Joe

Subject: [M422] Looking for specific M422
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:23:43 -0000
From: "slpynsnzy <bradley.means@mpcprecast.com>"

After my dad got out of the Marines (Vietnam), he was able to get
hold of a M422 Mighty Mite (actually, 2 of them, one to restore, one
for parts). He restored it and painted the thing red w/ black trim
(not sure why). It stayed at my Grandmother's house in Pennsylvania
for years before he brought it down to the Hickory, NC area. In the
early 80's, times got a little tough and he sold the jeep to a
gentleman in the Charlotte, NC area I believe. Now that I'm out on my
own, I'd really like to find the jeep and have an opportunity to buy
it back for my dad. Trouble is, he doesn't have any info on the
gentleman who bought it other than he thinks he is in Charlotte, NC
or nearby and he collects military vehicles. I would really
appreciate it if you could somehow post this and get the word out.
Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and find it. I have some pictures of
the jeep for anyone who wants to see it, I just have to scan them to
disk first. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I can be reached at
bradley.means@mpcprecast.com or 864-228-0066.
Thanks,
Brad