Re: [MV] M-35 Duce wheel seal NAPA parts number.

From: Ronzo (rojoha@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 06:32:48 PST

Sarge:

    Please post this info to the list.... When I did my brakes in '01 the
seals were not available from anyone except surplus dealers or Memphis...

    A message sent to me back then by lister Geoff Kaye (his messages to me
were incredibly helpful and insightful in providing tips from someone who
had been there and done that already) provided the following info to me:

    " axel
seals...[inside]....Meritor # A- 1205 - Z -650 or 550 [2 ea.in box]
and outside Meritor # A- 1205-Q-667 or CR # 7061230 [or] 8 I can't see
well enough to tell- it's one or another.... Meritor and Rockwell are
the same Company now-they will always make these seals/gaskets because
these axels are still used in off-road equipment and are also used by
Ford on some of their 4X4 and 6X6 utility trucks with different
hubs/brakes and for different rims"

    I also got the same numbers from a couple of other folks on list. One
lister said he could only get the outer seals and paid $42 EACH.

    Unfortunately, the local Rockwell supplier told me "no dice' on both and
two local truck dealers the same with the attempt to cross and with the
Chicago Rawhide numbers.
    I ended up going with Memphis, since they had ALL the parts I needed
(keyway wedges were wrong, but were too cheap to send back) and could ship
next day and the total price was $2 and change more expensive than ordering
the cheapest item from each of several vendors.

    If you do get NAPA numbers that work, please post them, with the price.

Regards, Ronzo