Re: [MV] Serial Number

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 11:33:14 PST

>I thought is for radio suppression. so the vehicle electrical system would
>not interfere with the radios mounted it it.

I think you are correct. The Weasel family of vehicles had an electrical
suppression system because they were designed to carry radios. I just
checked some WWII shots of Weasels and noted "S" on two of them. One was
really far to the right of the vehicle number! There was another one
without the "S", but this number was not a "USA" number. It started out
with a "W", which I have no clue what that is all about.

Oh, and one of these days I have to replace mine. Tried using some
walkie-talkies in it last year. With the engine revved up, the single
was totally mangled.

Steve