Re: [MV] Serial Number

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Sat Feb 08 2003 - 15:18:37 PST

Basically there are two different types of EMI:

Conducted thru wires that would affect your vehicle radio

Radiated that would be generated by making or breaking electrical contact

The in line filters are to reduce the conducted EMI. All those pesky ground
straps
that the vehicle will run just fine without are to try to make a faraday
cage out of
the cab and engine compartment to contain and prevent the radiated EMI from
escaping.

Steve AKA Dr Deuce who designed and tested too many products for FCC part
15
complaince...