RE: [MV] M728 question - mechanical (Flame)

From: Henry J. Fackovec (hfackovec@easternems.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 04:56:21 PST

Dear "Jay"

That's it, I am sick of the garbage that is spread here.

First: There is no such thing as an " Ambulance Driver" At least not
since 1974. By Federal DOT and State regulation Ambulances are staffed
by licensed EMTs or Paramedics. (Unless you live in a third world
country in which case disreguard the following)

I have worked in several EMS systems over the last 23 years and while
there are good Paramedics and Bad Paramedics, I know very few lazy ones
at an accident scene. (Try to get them to clean the bunkroom, or make a
fresh pot of coffee, that's another story...).

Second: Seatbelts ARE there to save your life. Your best chance of
surviving an impact comes from being retained inside the structure of
the vehicle. One of the points that I stress when I meet a new driver,
and to new employees is that in 23 years " I have never unbuckled a dead
body." I have found them in the street, in trees, under seats (usually
babies that were not in car seats), thrown 100 yards from a Corvette
into oncoming traffic (The autopsy showed that he would have mearly been
a parapeligic had he not gotten run over by 2 other cars) ... Making
irresponsible statements like yours KILLS people. If you like I can
point you to stats about morbidity and mortality secondary to vehicle
impacts.

"Buckle Up"

HJ Fackovec
Chief of Technical Services