Re: [MV] CUCV Electrical Problem

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 12:15:09 PST

Joe,

It may well be a bad underdash wiring harness, but it also sounds like
it MIGHT be a floating ground. Check ALL the ground connections, under
the dash from the harness, and also any from the engine to the frame and
from the body to the frame (if any). Sand down the ground connectors
and the place where they make contact, and check the ground straps to
see if they are oil-soaked and/or broken, thereby offering intermittent
resistance. If that doesn't work, the next step involves a chicken, a
knife, tribal drums, and learning to recite a Voodoo chant, so let's
hope this cures it.

Jay Travis