Re: [MV] speaking of Snow

From: HOWARD WRIGHT (dvsww2@mindspring.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 12:23:53 PST

One of my buddies was a mechanic for heavy equipment on the Alaska pipeline
and they never shift the engines off, even when changing oil. One guy
would fill from the top, while another drained and when the oil was clean
they'd put in the plug. I wonder how the military did it?

Caterpillar
> D7 and D8's
> and heating up the oil before an oil change and never stop the engine
longer
> then 15 minutes, I don't know if these stories were true.
> There were some stories in earlier Wheels and Tracks magazines about a
bunch
> of guys
> (MVPA?) along the Alaska Highway in '40-'45 vehicles, maybe there are guys
> on this list that know more about this.
>
> Regards,
> Auke

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>