Re: [MV] Starting a Gasser

From: quiggy (quigstro@netcarrier.com)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 15:40:47 PST

It's highly unlikely you will get exhaust pressure at cranking RPM. Get
yourself a can of Berkabile 2+2 carb cleaner to spray in the intake before
you crank it over.It's not as volatile as ether, but it will catch fire. If
you have enough spark it will kick on that. If not, make sure plugs are
clean, and if you can't get points, run some emery paper through them to
clean them. Also make sure they open and close.A good gestimate is the
thickness of a matchbook for the point gap. (any old beetle owners out
there?) Brian