Re: [MV] speaking of Snow

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 08:54:56 PST

Back in '68 my family drove the Alcan highway to Alaska from Michigan,
visited all of the major sites and drove back. It had about 800 miles of
gravel back then all neatly graded. 45 mph was about the max speed to
drive it safely. I understand it is all paved now and is a really nice
road in the summer. People commonly drive it from Alaska to the lower 48
and it is not a big deal. It certainly was back in '68. My father bought
4 new tires in Fairbanks due to the excess wear from the gravel. I don't
recall seeing any old MVs back then along the road, however there probably
were some. I was 10 at the time and was more interested in Corvettes and
Camaro's and those new Dodges with big wing on the back and the pointy
nose. (Superbirds). (:->)

Dave

--
Dave