M35A2 Hardtop insulation

From: Jack (wa2hwj@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Feb 20 2003 - 15:47:18 PST

I have been trying to figure how to replace the dried-out foam insulation
in the cab of my M35A2. The stuff is about 1/2 inch thick. I just
realized that the "sleeping pad" that is sold by a lot of the
surplus houses is ideal, and it's the right OD color. The pads are
about 6 ft long and about 24 inches wide and 1/2 inch thick. I would guess
that four of
them would provide enough material to completely re-insulate
the interior of the cab. Either scrape out the existing stuff, or
glue the new pad over it. I've seen these on Ebay and in MV Magazine for
around $3-8 each.
Now, if I can just get through the four feet of snow to the truck!!

Jack WA2HWJ - Albany, NY
M35A2 "Swampdog"