Re: [MV] Fw: [MV] Found Tanks

From: GOTAM35 (gotam35@sc.rr.com)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 14:06:47 PST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Grammont" <islander@midmaine.com>

> First of all, how are you expecting to find the stuff? Just walk around
> the countryside of Russia with a metal detector? :-) In order to even go
> over there someone would have to know of something pretty much for sure.
> Otherwise it would 99.99999999% chance of being a complete waste of time.

I have for many years thought it would be so cool to go to north Africa and
look for WW2 stuff. Kind of a day dream thing. I always figured Europe was
too crowded to find anything good that wasn't already spoken for. I realize
the locals in North Africa probably scavenged everything they could years
ago, but what about stuff that was too far out in the desert or buried under
sand. Are the governments in those areas today something you can work with?
I have little money, little time and little sense. But I have lots of crazy
ideas. I have already dreamed up a recovery vehicle that could go out to
the deep desert and pick stuff up. Anybody got the money?

Seriously, has anyone ever made any real attempts to locate and remove such
things. I figure with today's thermal imaging and other high tech things I
can't spell, you could find stuff that has been lost since the war. Forget
Russia, lets look for booty in the desert.

Just another off the wall thought from,
Joe Trapp