M1009 broken starter bolt

From: Brian Shook (shookysmvs@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 16:38:51 PST

On the thread of loose nuts and bolts on the CUCVs. Has anyone ever had a
starter bolt break off by itself. I just happened to park my M1009 in a
different spot and I walked by where I normally park it and I looked down
and hmmm whats this shiney bolt laying here. Crawled up and under the blazer
and found that its a broken starter bolt. Broke at the threads of the bolt.
I have not fixed it yet but it looks like I'm going to have fun. Hopefully
its not seized up. I'm not too good with easy outs. Have fun I know I will.
Later! Brian in NC