Re: [MV] M1009 broken starter bolt

From: R. A. Moir aka RAM (cyclopsram@starband.net)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 17:06:26 PST

Happens all the time ..... you should use new bolts everytime you mount the
starter... Secondly, you should torque the bolts to the values in your
manuals... Thirdly you need to check and retorque often....just for the
practice...
Typically you can get the broken threaded portion out without a lot of
effort... use the reverse spade type of easy out which does not require
drilling of the stub...and lastly... heed all the messages about shims and
the need regarding same.... RAM