Re:Coleman Lantern fuel

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 12:10:26 PST

I borrowed Pop's Ford pickup and ran out of gas. All
that I could find in the bed (had a cap on it for camping)
was a half-gallon of Coleman and some kerosene for his
lanterns. Mixed it all together and created enough fuel to
get me home.
A most embarrassing situation was when I ran out of gas
in a fuel oil (home heating oil #2) truck while making
deliveries. Without the truck motor running, I could not
drive the pump, so I drained some fuel from the hose
into a can. One of my customers came by and stopped
to see if I needed help. He busted a gut when he found
out that the truck was out of gas. He knew I had about
25,000 gallons back at my bulk plant. Motor was hot, so
it started on #2. I looked like a crop duster, it smoked
so much.
Then there was the time I limped home with my burner
service van using parts cleaner.
Never mind my Harley out of gas in DC, 2:30 AM.
That's a long story...
Joe Young