Re: [MV] Low hours on Tachometer

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 12:12:37 PST

Good advice, James. When a prospective truck customer
comes in and checks the tach and speedo, I tell them to
ignore them. Who knows when they were replaced? I
just show them the mechanical condition, that's what
counts.
73,000 on a tri-axle is pushing it. Kind of like me grossing
over 95,000, in PA, where the limit is something like 73,289 (?).
Pulled by a 238 Detroit, at that. Sat for hours at the DE Memorial
Bridge waiting for them to close down the portable scales.
Joe Young