Churchville Reply from Staff Member

From: Paintball Plus (pball@csionline.net)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 09:53:19 PST

This message is from Tony Norton. Tony is a member of the Board of Directors of the parent club for the Churchville Rally. Since Tony has just signed on the forum and cannot post yet, I agreed to forward his important message.
Bruce

>From Tony:

I would normally have forwarded this type of response to our club president,
but I am sure I speak with his backing on the issues bought up in this note,
and I will answer them.

LOCATING VENDORS

We, as the organizers of the rally will know were about 99% of the space
occupants are located. Sometimes all we know is the information the folks
give us. So if it is incomplete we can only work with what we have.

We will continue to have the big site map posted at HQ with an alphabetized
list of the space occupants, like a mall map. Folks can look at it and find
the listed people on their own, or get help from us.

A small version of the site map, with your individual spaces highlighted,
plus the space occupants list sorted by name and space number will be in
each vendor packet. This was stated on the website on the Vendor
Information page.

We will also have computer assistance this year so we can help quickly
locate folks. This will only work if the people registering provide us the
information we asked for on the online registration form. We will be asking
for this at the tent when you check in. However, some folks are reluctant,
or refuse, to even tell us what city and state in which they reside.

RETAINING SPACES YEAR TO YEAR

Some folks are upset that they cannot get the same spaces they had in
previous years. As you are aware, last year was the first year we used the
Churchville site. The field layout is significantly different from that
which we used at Aberdeen. Also, we have rearranged the field this year, so
we are basically dealing with a new layout. Next year, we may not be able
to secure this location, so we may have a new field to deal with. This year
we are actively recruiting re-enactor groups to attend the rally. Given
that this rally is such a large event, we have had little to no re-enactor
participation in the past. The East Coast Military Vehicle Rally has mainly
been a dealer event. That is a shame. The re-enactors actually draw in the
general public, so the vendors benefit from the exposure to more potential
buyers. There is a comprehensive explanation of this on the website on the
Vendor Information page.

VEHICLE MOVEMENT

Vehicle movement is allowed, but under restricted the hours of operation.
We are using a modified vehicle policy that the MVPA uses at the Nationals.
Last year, there was more vehicle movement during the opening hours of the
rally than in previous years and it became a safety issue. However, we are
more relaxed than the nationals policy because we have a two-hour period
during the middle of the day that you may operate vehicles. This will mean
a little planning on your part, but we feel that it is not an unreasonable
policy.

Respectively submitted.

Tony Norton
Member, Board of Directors
WAC/B&G MVT

--
Bruce Kalin (Convoy Coordinator)
The Largest Historic Military Vehicle Convoy in US History