Goat Maint.

From: Beth (bcarrell@neo.rr.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 09:26:40 PST

Okay, another stint with maintenance on the Gamagoat. Checked and filled the
rear steering box, easy going. Wasn't sure how to check the front so I
removed the front gearbox access plate. Looked around and around finally
figuring out the fill plug is on the tractor floor next to the steering
column. ( By the way, does anyone know the whereabouts of any of the
engineers involved in the design of the goat. I would like to meet one
.......... and then punch him) Anyway, I will get to that next time ( I mean
the front steering box) Someone suggested I put a small flow-through
pressure gauge into the transfer pump oil tube to monitor its activity ( as
in if its working or not). Sounded like a good idea. Anyone have a
suggestion on some type of gauge that will work ? Took her out for a spin
in the snow and cold, ran great, shifted fine, got a few looks ( except from
the local Police Officer , who looked straight ahead as if he didn't even
want to know). Anyway, learning more and more each day from this odd looking
piece of history. I must now stop looking at pictures of the M656, cause it
is looking very interesting as well.
Regards,
Tom Carrell
Still frozen in NE Ohio