RE: [MV] M35 lockout hubs installed - fuel savings?

From: Michael Goodden (mgmv@auroragroup.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 09:53:53 PST

Nice Suggestion Mark

Does anyone have any experience of running a multi-fuel engine on
Bio-diesel? If so can you let the list know how it performs? I'm
looking at building a little bio-diesel maker and would be very
interested in anyone's experiences.

I've got some lock-out hubs that I've yet to install (thanks Arthur!)
and I'll let you know what improvements it makes.

If you are looking for major fuel savings for a long journey on highway
roads then you can simply unbolt the rear prop shaft between the two
rear axels so that it is only driving the middle axel. This can make
massive fuel savings, but is only worth doing for long highway journeys.

Thanks
Mike
Michael Goodden
The Global Tipi Adventure