M35 Driveline Growl

From: Marc Strangfeld (curlyjoe98@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Mar 08 2003 - 00:07:32 PST

I recently purchased a M35A2C turbo. For the most
part she runs great, but right away I noticed a
rythmic growl in the driveline. I can clearly feel it
"wind up" and then let itself out. I drove a
Freightliner straight truck with the same problem and
an adjustment to a driveshaft angle cured it. However
the Freightliner problem was caused by improper setup
of the truck and my M35 should be setup identical to
the many others out there. This leads me to believe
there might be a bad u-joint or support bearing.
Also, as the previous posts discuss, I'm not ruling
out the rear axles fighting each other. I have the
air pressure as matched as they can get (50 lbs.) but
have not measured circumfrence etc. etc. Before any
major investigative undertaking I would like to get
others opinions to whether this is a trademark to the
M35 or a problem I need to fix. I did take a
nontrucker friend along for a ride and he did not know
what I was talking about so maybe others have the same
problem and don't recognize it?

Thankyou in advance for any input.

Also, this is my first post to the list so I apologize
if it is screwed up.

Marc