[MV]Bruce Kalin (Convoy Coordinator)

From: MVTrucker@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 05:10:32 PST

Bruce paid me a visit, yesterday. This was my first meeting
with Bruce and we had a great time. After a tour of my facility, I took him on a tour of the area where we test drive
the trucks I sell. Thousands and thousands of acres of farm land dotted with historic houses and the usual farm out buildings. Plenty of open road unregulated by law enforcement. We also paid a vist to Greenwich, NJ, a miniature Williamsburg, VA. Most of the houses date from the seventeen and eighteen hundreds. There's a monument in Greenwich erected on the site of a tea burning that took place in the seventeen hundreds. The monument has the names of the participants engraved in it. A bunch of men dressed as Indians raided the warehouse where the tea imported from England was stored, piled it up and burned it in protest of the tax imposed on it.
Close by are several marinas, so we toured them too. Bruce was impressed by the huge assortment of sailboats, yachts and old oyster dredging boats. An oyster disease created the downfall of a once thriving industry, so most of these dredges are rotting away.
Bruce traveled all the way down to Delaware, in search of a
large area for a portion of convoy to congregate. I believe
that he was successful. Since he was going to be within thirty
miles of my place, he arranged for the visit. Bruce is very
enthusiastic about the way the convoy is shaping up. I can't
participate because I'll be leaving early to set up my vending area.
Joe Young