Re: [MV] Deuce hard starting

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 09 2003 - 19:12:33 PST

The timing gear is held in place by three capscrews in elongated holes.
Perhaps the screws were not torqued properly and the gear moved to the end
of the elongated hole, which is about 2-3 teeth long. Properly installed,
the screws should be as close as possible to the left end of the elongated
hole so that if it slips it will only shift the timing a fraction of one
tooth's worth. The gear runs clockwise (to the right).

Cheers,
Bjorn