Cannon Plug Source

From: JHUTT7107@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 09:25:54 PST

List,

Thanks to Gene Pantano for his post of a couple of weeks ago, concerning a source for military style Cannon plugs. (electrical connectors, not corks for artillary) It got me started on the right road in a search for some connectors for a Stuart tank. I ended up contacting ITT Cannon directly. Their staff told me to contact Mark Baptista at PEI Genesis (800-523-0727). Mark is an Applications Engineer and he was able to cross-refference a WWII connector to something in their current inventory. The part numbers are different, but the components are supposed to be identical. He told me to contact the Chicago office (I live in Minnesota) and I spoke to Eileen (1-877-539-5364). She was very helpful and I was able to place an order with her. The prices seem quite reasonable, especially compared to some similar, but not identical, connectors that I had found at another company. She was facinated by the idea that we were actually going to try to get a WWII tank running. PEI Genesis specializes in military grade connectors, so they know what is needed to get military equipment back into original condition. They have a website at peigenesis.com and they will send you a free catalog if you call the Chicago number. There are, quite litteraly, thousands of possible combinations for Cannon plugs, so it takes someone who knows what he is doing to pick the right one out of a catalog. Ususal disclaimers, I have no association with this company, other than being impressed by their service. They have to build the connectors, so it will be about a week before I see the actual product. I'll post a message if things are not as advertised, but I suspect that I will be pleased.

John

--
John Hutterer
Senior Engineering Lab Tech