I may be looking for a M1009

From: Floyd Petri (fpetri@eastex.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 22:10:30 PST

A while back I was inquiring about buying a M1009. I received several
replies and my computer crashed and I lost it all. I really just blew it off
and forgot about it. Now some wild ass kid lost control and ran through the
family car while it was parked at home. I love green things. I am back to
considering a M1009 as a family car. However, this time I am going about it
a little differently this time. I need to ask some serious questions first.
Any help answering them would be appreciated. Those that feel the answers
should be off list well here is my email address fpetri@eastex.net and those
that feel the answers need to be on the list that's OK too. Here are my
questions.

1. Just how realistic is using a M1009 as a family car?
2. How reliable are they for everyday driving?
3. What kind of gas mileage do they get?
4. How hard are they to work on?
5. Are they air conditioned?
6. If not how hard is it to add and at what cost?
7. What is a general price range for one that would be in good enough
condition to both look good inside and out and be mechanically sound.
8. Are there any reliable dealers in the Houston area?
9. Will everyone see me coming and try to stick it to me?
10. Since I like green things I only want one that has the original military
colors and a radio rack would be nice
11. Should I just forget about a M1009 as a family car?

Are there any individuals on the list with a M1009 for sale that might meet
my needs? I do want to make one thing real clear up front. I am a disabled
veteran and I am unable to do body work, paint or mechanical work. I want
one that doesn't need all this. So there you have it. Anyone on the list
interested in answering my questions and maybe have any? Thanks.

Floyd