(U.S.?) Military trucks on I-10 in Houston

From: Jumpmaster (the_real_jumpmaster@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 22:59:48 PST

Hi, gang...

I was on an excursion to Houston today and noted no
less than 3 trucks, each hauling two of what appeared
to be new (or very freshly-painted) CARC'ed vehicles
on I-10. They looked quite similar to the ones shown
here:
http://4wd.sofcom.com/Mil/Tatra/Tatra.html

...but I'm not sure if that's the one I saw. I think
the ones I saw had one less axle and a shorter cab,
but quite similar in woodland 3-color CARC. It looked
like it might be an ammo transport of some kind. Any
ideas on model, specs, etc.?

T. Bloxom
1985 M1009 CUCV