Re: [MV] Sears

From: Jarrett Redd (jarrett_l_redd@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 12:50:50 PST

--- Steve & Jeanne Keith <cckw@attbi.com> wrote:
> This was the shiney ratchet and was not that old. I almost think
> it was defective or nearly so from day one.

I have seen quiet a few brand new and already broken Craftsman tools on the
rack, waiting for some poor unfortunate person to not notice and buy them. I
always take the broken tool up to the counter. Unfortunately, it probably
doesn't do any good. One time, there was a broken rachet hanging there... it
would not engage in either direction... just spun round and round. I gave it
to the guy at the counter and he agreed it was indeed broken. He put it on a
shelf under the counter. No defective tag, nothing. Next day, I happened to
be in the same store again, so I thought I'd just have a look. Sure enough, it
was back on the rack.

-Jarrett Redd (K9HMV)
'86 M998