Re: [MV] The French

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 21:45:16 PST

John,
With all due respect, the polls in Florida were long since closed before
the Supreme Court got involved in the process. I can see an argument
perhaps about missing or miscounted voting, and agree that we need a
standardized election process that would eliminate ambiguity in the
voting process. You also certianly have a right to your opinion about
the motives of the justices on the court and its effect on the results.
 But again, much like the Constitutional Republic vs. Democracy
arguement, the idea that "The Supreme Court decisions influenced he
outcome of the Florida vote and thus the Electoral College and thus the
election" seems somewhat backwards to the process. If I am wrong,
please explain to me how that could happen.

Jay Travis