Re: [MV] Sunny and warm in Ohio

From: william f cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 18:40:50 PST

I don't know anything about the GamaGoat but, if a brake drum is too hot
to touch after normal driving I'd say you have brakes dragging on the
drum.

Some possibilities:
        Out of adjustment
        sticky wheel cylinders
        weak/broken return springs
        faulty master cylinder
        rust on the drums ( usually in a vehicle that has sat unused for
years )

Just some thoughts,

Frank

On Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:44:21 -0500 "Beth" <bcarrell@neo.rr.com> writes:
> It was a beautiful sunny day here in NE Ohio. Temps were around 68
> degrees.
> Finally got to clean out the garage, so it looks noce for the goat.
> Of
> course I had to move the machine out to clean. It usually only takes
> me
> 30-40 minutes to move it out, around the block, down the street.
> After
> giving all the kids a ride in turn, as well as the neighbor kid, I
> returned
> to the house. I notice that the brakes were especially hot and
> thought I
> would ask the list how hot is normal. You could not touch the front
> or rear
> drums cause of the heat. I was already aware the center brakes arent
> heating
> up much at all. I know I need to adjust them and check the wheel
> cylinders,
> but thought I would get a general idea on how hot is normal.
> Otherwise, the
> DD 3-53 ran great ( and noisy of course ) I loved the waves and
> smiles from
> all the neighbors and those who I don't know yet. Looking forward to
> some
> new paint and getting ready for my May debut hauling my Dad and his
> Korean
> War Vets.
> Tom C.
> 71 GG