Re: [MV] bio diesel and other fuel options

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 20:54:51 PST

Bjorn,

>What am I missing here? What other recipes are there?

>There are a number of suppliers of biodiesel (B-100 for 100%) and they
>charge about $2.00/gallon (check the Internet for dealer near you).

Keep in mind that the majority cost of a product on the store shelf is
packaging, marketing, and transportation costs. Not the raw materials.
What people do when they buy bio-diesel is that they are buying "in bulk"
without a lot of the inflated consumer level costs. Plus, I think they
also use recycled oil to some extent.

Steve