Re: [MV] Driving in Canada

From: Jim Newton (jnewton@laurel.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 21:11:40 PST

Hi Greg...

>I am looking at an M35 out East that I may want to drive back to Michigan. The most direct route is via Canada (Niagra Falls to Port Huron) which cuts abo 125 miles off my trip. Has anyone got any experience with driving through Canada? I would have it insured but not licensed as I would need to get it back to Michigan to license it.
>Thanks in advance for any help.

Check to see if Canada issues "trip permits". In Kalifornia, we can
get 1-day trip permits to make it legal to drive or tow a
non-registered vehicle.

Actually you'll need one for Canada as well as each state you will be
going through.

The border would probably be the only tricky part without proper
registration or paperwork...but probably OK.

Good luck!

--

Jim "Ike" Newton

o 1984 M1007 CUCV Military Suburban 6.2 Liter (378 CID) Turbo-Diesel Engine 5/4 Ton Cargo Capacity, 4WD

o 1971 M35A2 Military Troop/Cargo Truck "Deuce and a Half" 478 CID Turbo-Diesel Multi-Fuel Engine Air Shift Front Axle 2 1/2 Ton Cargo Capacity, 6WD

See them at: http://www.CUCV.net