Re: [MV] Of Sears and Pep Boys and such

From: James Stead (gadget@EasyPath.com)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 06:01:01 PST

Seems funny to me SEARS would do such a thing and not work the advertising
for all it's worth....

This quote comes from FPMI written October 2001. It's old so maybe SEARS
changed it's policy? See
http://www.fpmi.com/FedNews/WeeklyInsight/show_article.cgi?id_number=45

"Conversely, Sears, Roebuck, and Co. offers its employees two weeks of
supplemental pay and no health benefits."

MV content: Looking for 11x20 Michelin XL, or Goodyear military tires. Need
to be new or practically new.

Jim

>I received this today via the web (therefore it's true) :)

Subject: Sears
I assume you have all seen the reports about how Sears is treating its
reservist employees who are called up? By law, they are required to hold
their jobs open and available, but nothing more. Usually, people take a big
pay cut and lose benefits as a result of being called up...

Sears is voluntarily paying the difference in salaries and maintaining all
benefits, including medical insurance and bonus programs, for all called up
reservist employees for up to two years. I submit that Sears is an exemplary
corporate citizen and should be recognized for its contribution.

I suggest we all shop at Sears, and be sure to find a manager to tell them
why we are there so the company gets the positive reinforcement it well
deserves.