Gulf War vehicles- spot the difference

From: Nigel Hay - MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 23:26:25 PST

 Am I the first to spot that the Coalition "V" marking used last time seems
to have been rotated to be ">" on vehicles seen on the news? Can anyone
elaborate?
I also notice the sand skirts on the Challengers make them look ( well in
CNN quality footage anyway) like the WW2 Matildas - I think we should be
told.....

I also notice the abscence of the well known, first lady of war
Correspondants, Kate Adie.
You could always tell when a conflict was getting serious as Kate Adie would
dominate the BBC reports - jolly good she is to.
My uncle had just about retired at the outbreak of the last Gulf war, but as
an Air Vice Marshall, he was kept on and was probalby one of the oldest men
in the British contingent.
Now here is an interesting anecdote -a few years ago I metan American ex
USAF avionics techie - he claimed that he was on a rescue mission to fix
and recover Stealth that made a forced landing in IRAN during the conflict.
He was flown from UK and never got his Gulf War pay -being told his mission
never existed. He claims he fell out with US govt big time and they withdrew
his aircraft qualificxations and they made it very clear to him he should
keep quiet.

I always wondered if it was true?

Nige