Re: [MV] In case you use Pep Boys for parts and such

From: David Cole (DavidCole@tk7.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 06:27:18 PST

Unfortunately "poor job performance" means they are disqualified for
unemployment also at least in Indiana and I would guess others as well.
There seems to be no way to prove otherwise without a lawyer and a ton of
money, which is hard to get if you are unemployed.

> Anyone who thinks HR
> departments are there to protect the employee is mistaken

No doubt. HR is there to provide services to the employees and keep the
company legal with the employees.

Dimissing a reservist who has been called up for any reason is very poor
policy. I'm with the guys who are boycotting Pep Boys. Napa and Autozone
are looking better than ever. When Pep Boys reinstates those guys, I re-
enter the store.

I was recently riffed and am now out on my own. (Engineering services) I
should have done this years ago. I guess I just needed a push. Anyway,
hopefully those reservists are now driving camo vehicles in some safe
place.
(MV content inclusion)

Dave