Re: M35 top speeds, was [MV] FW: max speed m1a1 tank

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 11:19:00 PST

wow.. and I thought cranking my M35 up to 65 once was haulin' butt.
This makes me wonder.. The deuce diesel is governed at what, 2950 rpm?
The published HP ts at 2650. So at what point is it bad for the engine
to speed things up a bit? With less experience in diesels, and mostly
with engines such as the pontiac 400 and 455, and chevrolet 305 and
350, I wonder about it.