Re: [MV] Keyer for radio stuff

From: David Ball (vought@msn.com)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 18:22:42 PST

I asked my father in-law who collects telegraph equipment and worked with
this stuff in the Navy and later as a civilian in the Airforce he emailed
the following:
This is just a training device tape player used for putting out an audio
sound of dots and dashes for the classroom. It doesn't record anything, just
plays. I used one of these at Hamilton in the early fifties to train
reservists during their summer assembly. Look close at the tape and you will
see the bumps that produce the sound. No big deal, I have other machines and
tapes.
Hope this helps those wondering...

Dave