Blown head gasket test

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 05:25:16 PST

 I think Annie the CCKW-Schield-Bantam crane 302 truck engine
has a blown (inter cyl) head gasket. Two adjacent cylinders only have
50 psi compression.

Question: Can you insert a spark plug-air adapter into one cylinder
and pump it up to say 150 psi and listen to the other cylinder with
the plug out? This, if it worked would confirm the blown gasket.
I realise you might need to release the rocker arm assy to close
all those the valves. Anyone ever done this?

Thanks
Steve AKA Dr Deuce