Re: [MV] CNN quote of the day

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 06:48:33 PST

At 4:54 PM -0500 3/23/03, Steve Grammont wrote:

>I think it should be a Crime Against Humanity to have reporters and
>(especially) anchors who don't have a friggin clue about military ops,
>equipment, or historical perspective. I have seen so many MTV twitch
>questions ("why haven't we found this, done that, or seen this") than I
>care to think of.

We've had Miles O'Brian on non stop over the week. The guy has to get
some sleep some times. Additionally, keep in mind that when you have
an anchor go on and start spouting details about the military, most
of the audience is going to say "huh?"

>I also have stopped watching CNN. Their anchoring of this coverage is
>horrible. I have been instead watching MSNBC and a newish 24hr cable
>news channel that pipes in news from non-US sources. Their coverage is
>in many ways superior and far more informative in general.

Where'as Fox won't stop talking over the entire coverage of extremely
grave footage that speaks for itself.