TV coverage

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 15:19:10 PST

Just a quick comment on what we are getting out here in my area of
Australia.

CNN - Saturation for the first 2 to 3 days. Very poor quality video
(that live uplink stuff full of pixelations) and lots of bumpf
commentary. Inaccurate info seems to be predominant. Just what is
the the true story about that supposed chemical plant?

MSNBC - Noticably higher quality, but I think we didn't see any of
its offerings until the 3rd day and have seen very little since.

BBC - Average coverage, lots of in-studio talking heads and a bit
thin on actual video.

AL Jazeera (sp?) - mostly bomb damage and hospital scenes.

Some French news service - (this one will will surprise you), info
and video at least 1 hour earlier than any of the above, such as
General Franks' address.
Why?

Regards
Doug