Re: [MV] TV coverage

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@ruralnet.net.au)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 15:55:13 PST

Ryan

> Not sure, we (CNN) may have run other packages at the time. Doug are
> you getting CNN International (pacific edition I expect)?

No idea where it is getting pulled from, I have yet to see/hear it
specified . Just as long as it isn't that
horrendous CNN service offered within international hotels.

> Keep in mind, I'm not an official, just an indian and giving my bug's
> eye view of the organization.

Not cricising you, just commenting on the realative merits of what we
are seeing. Coverage here has dropped back to news reports and
"updates", the constant all channel feeding frenzy
is over and we have returned to mostly normal programming for now.

The general feeling locally seems to be that people have already had
enough of the constant coverage, too much "makey talky" and not enough
detail - which realistically, needs to be little more than 10 minutes
every hour or so.

Anyway, I have got to see more armour on TV in the last few days than
in the last few years.

Regards
Doug