PE- 95 explosion today...

From: Steve & Jeanne Keith (cckw@attbi.com)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 16:57:55 PST

I have gotten the genset running really well. It smoked for quite a
while but has completely stopped!

On an almost disasterous note: While starting it with the aid of the
starter/charger, the connection became loose from the charger and
as I bent over to stop it from sparking, the battery exploded with
my face about 16" away! The whole top of the battery was ripped off!
It was an industrial battery bigger than a group 27 My hand was cut and
my face/head covered in full recharged battery acid! Luckly my Step-son
was there working on his car and took me back to the house keeping my
eyes closed. I flushed my head and face with the shower sprayer and
everything is OK. Luckly I had kept my glasses on. I take them off a lot
of time for really close up work....

It was a nice battery and I will miss it...

Luck to be seeing you all
Steve AKA Dr Deuce