M35 -a battery box mount for a genset?

From: Patrick Jankowiak (eccm@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 20:56:23 PST

I am considering trying to fit an RV generator in the space that the
M35 under-cab toolbox occupies. I note that the battery box mount has
some extra reinforcements.

The metal supports themselves seem to be alike, save for what looks
like a 3/16" thich steel bar at the front and back ends, which makes a
structural triangle to give the battery box mount more strength.

Should I swap the mounts out, or just add the bars (much easier)? Used
5KW RV gensets are about $500 around here.

Used (take-out from the motor home junkyard) Gensets are usually too
wide to mount in place of the pioneer tool rack. (thinking of shallow
fording)