M151 carb

From: Klein, Bob (bklein@fgcu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 10:44:42 PST

I am having some troubles with the Mutts. I couple of months ago rebuilt carb on Mutt 1. Runs great. Occasionally and annoyingly it will quit. I wait about 20 seconds and it starts right back up. I suspected it was picking up trash from the tank. I put a new tank on the Mutt. Same result. Then I suspected the coil. Replaced the coil and it helped for about two weeks with no quitting and now its doing the same thing. Which lets me to believe it is the carburetor. Did I miss something when I rebuilt the carb? I had parts left over from the rebuild kit. Now Mutt2 is running like crap. So I decide to rebuild the carburetor on it too. Mutt2 takes awhile to crank then starts. It will be running fine and then it just quits. Also, it starts to die if I push in choke all the way. Its almost doing the same thing as Mutt1. How do you adjust the carbs (ie. mixture screw). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

bob klein